Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Inspiration

As women and mothers, we live and breathe putting others first. Marriage, motherhood and ministry are driving forces in my daily grind. I have always known that without my health, my effectiveness in my world comes to a grinding halt. But recently, I have decided that I cannot and will not let another season go by without putting myself first and taking care of my health. There are many factors that play a role in Jessica being overweight. Many of them logical and even emotional. When we live in obese, emotional-eater-ville America, excuses and compromise come as easy as breathing. A family who loves you, a purpose filled life and a Christ-centered self confidence....it is so easy to know I am beautiful and ignore the data. But my go-getter dna won't let me settle for that. It's time to step out of my comfort zone and get down to business. Money has been a factor, but the Lord laid it on my heart to ask for sponsorship. Time has been a factor, but I know how to manage time for everything else, so I have no excuse not to manage time for excercise. After all, we make time for the things that are important! Like it or not, we all do! Btw, thanks for making time to read my blog :)
I want to be around for a long time for my awesome, wonderful husband and sweet, amazing kids! Honestly, once I hit my 6 month goal, Chris and I want to start trying for another baby! Shhhh! I have big plans to impact my circle of influence, my city and the world. I will not offer up any more excuses. I will not consider gastric bypass, pills or a diet. I will effect change in my eating habits and excercise agenda and I will SHAPE UP, slim down, get healthy!!

My goal is not to be mary-kate and ashley skinny, my goal is to be healthy. I know the keys to put into place, and I plan to use them! Follow this blog, keep me in your prayers, email me, call me, support my gym membership financially if you can. Great things are in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment